Thursday, July 19, 2007

Smooth it out


I was browsing through the nail care isle at my local CVS, when I noticed that Sally Hansen, my favorite nail care company, now makes lip glosses. Interesting. I debated with myself about whether it would be a good product (because their nail products are great), or a bad one (because they just recently moved into lip care). So, of course, I had to try it. I chose Sally Hansen Line Smoothing Mineral Lip Treatment in "Kunzite."

Now, I was not aware that lines on your lips were a problem, but apparently they are. Maybe this is because I never wear regular lipstick, so I've never noticed lines before. Or, maybe it's just because beauty companies like to convince us that normal things (like lip lines) are not normal and instead are a sign of...gasp...age.

That being said, I have to say that I actually like the gloss- sorry- mineral treatment. I did not notice any difference in any lines on my lips, but it did plump them a little. I just wish the company would have named the product what it actually is- a lip plumper. Nothing crazy like DuWop Lip Venom (a personal favorite), but a little. They did tingle slightly, and the taste is pretty good.

Now, maybe they were smart in naming it what they did, since most of us (especially myself) are all about the word "mineral" in our products. And truthfully, I probably did buy it because it said "mineral," but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. At under $10, why not?

No comments: